Searching for dining room area rugs can be tricky. Not only are you seeking the right design to complete the room, you must also consider stain-resistance for spills, ease-of-cleaning for crumbs, and durability for wear and tear. Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered with modern materials and construction so you don’t have to compromise on design.
Choose from among our thousands of our popular and top-rated affordable dining room rugs online to find the perfect floor covering for your most lived-in space.
Choosing the Right Size
Confused about the right size of area rug for your dining room? Read our guide to choosing the right rug size. Here’s a quick summary for common dining room sizes!
- Round Rugs: Round area rugs pair naturally with round dining tables. Look for round area rugs that are 8' or larger in diameter to accommodate 4–6 seat dining tables.
- 5x7 and 5x8 Rugs: These work well in smaller dining rooms and breakfast nooks when paired with small tables, whether they’re two-seat café style tables or higher bar tables.
- 8x10 Rugs: 8x10 rugs are the perfect choice for 4–6 seat dining tables, offering enough room to make sure all chairs rest on the rug, even when pushed back.
- 9x12 Rugs and Oversize Rugs: If you have a larger dining table for hosting dinner parties, we’ve got you covered with our oversized rugs. Our 12x18 rugs can fit dining tables that seat 14 people or more! When choosing the size you need, keep in mind that area rugs for dining tables should extend 18” beyond the table (and extensions) on either side to accommodate pulled back chairs.
Dining Room Area Rugs We Love
- Low-Pile Rugs are a popular choice for the dining room. They’re durable enough to stand up to high wear and tear and the low pile ensures it won’t accidentally snare any chairs. With thousands of affordable, top-rated designs to choose from, you won’t have to compromise your dining room décor.
- Our Sisal Rugs add an understated, rustic element to dining rooms. What’s more, their neutral colors and playful textures and patterns complement both light woods and darker furniture, allowing you the freedom to choose from a multitude of dining table styles.
- Don’t let the name trick you—our Indoor Outdoor Rugs add all the practicality needed in dining room rugs (durable, easy to clean, and stain resistant) and come in a variety of design choices to complement any dining room décor.